Wednesday, February 14, 2007

DiSLoCaTioNs at Anne Arundel Community College





These pictures are from the Dislocations opening at Anne Arundel Community College. The show will be up until February 23rd, 2007. It is a nice show, curated by Andrea Pollan with artists from all over the country. She did a very good job curating such a diverse number of works. Unfortunately, she was unable to come to the "jurors talk" so, four of the artists spoke about their work. The artists that spoke were; Sarah Buckius of Ann Arbor, Michgan; Susan Noyes of Fairfax, Va; Marcia Wolfson Ray of Baltimore; and myself. It is a shame more local artists didn't come to the talk or the opening. It was a lovely time. My favorites in the exhibit? I liked Leslie Holt's work. A series of small paintings depicting Hello Kitty on top of famous paintings. Pretty affordable too. Thinking of buying one. I also liked the strangely familiar "Snowball Carrier: Kitchen" by Tracy Featherstone and Krista Connerly. You must see it to believe. The pieces I have in the exhibit are: "Domestic Helmet", "Ovum" and "Bubbles Waiting 2 B Burst".

2 comments:

Elizabeth Morisette said...

Thanks to Sarah Buckius for sending me these pictures from the opening. Her photos are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really delighted to discover this. Good job!