Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Photos of the Long Branch Mural Project



Here are some photos from the Artist Residency that I am doing at Long Branch Elementary Scool in Arlington, Virginia. Gwen Zaberer is the Art teacher at Long Branch and she is doing a great job coordinating this project. I am having a lot of fun and learning a lot from the students I am working with. Last week, we went through a process of coming up with a design and making proposals (just like a real Community Artist has to do to create a work for the Community)
This week, we are preparing materials and begining to weave them onto the fence. It is looking great. I was especially impressed by the students ability to think through each material and ask questions about that materials suitablility for the outdoors. I willpost more photos as the process continues. Stay tuned!!

No comments: