Sunday, October 21, 2007

FIBERARTS MAGAZINE FEATURE




Do you know how awesome it is to open a magazine you have subscribed to for 15 years and find your own work featured on one of the pages? I hope everyone of you does, becauase it feels mighty nice. I am very excited to tell you that this piece, ZIPPA BASKET and a photo from the DIGEST series is in the Sampling section of the November/December 2007 issue of FIBERARTS magazine. This issue also features Jerry Bleem. I took a two week workshop from Jerry at Haystack Mountain School of Craft in Deer Island, Maine in 2004. He inspired not only my artwork, but also the way I teach art to community members. I am interested to see he is branching away from his staple sculptures and working with crochet and flags. Kind of neat that we are both featured in this issue which focuses on textiles in 3-D.

No comments: