Sunday, June 8, 2008

Greenbelt Volunteers of the Year


I am proud to have been named one of Greenbelt Elementary School's Volunteers of the Year. Featured in this photo are me, GES Principal Kimberly Seidel, Mary Ann Baker, and Pamela Bernier.

I feel that we are all responsible as a society to make our public schools great. For the last 11 years in Maryland I have worked as a Maryland State Arts Council Artist in Residence. During that time I had many residencies in Howard, Montgomery, and Anne Arundel Counties. This year I decided to volunteer at Greenbelt Elementary as if I was getting paid (maybe a bit more) Truly trying to make my neighborhood school better through my involvement. I am proud to have this honor before I leave Greenbelt for Colorado. I hope the kids enjoyed making art with me as much as I enjoyed teaching them.

No comments: