Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How it is to be a Floor


This is my entry for the Inspired Art show at the Space Gallery. The Inspired Art Project takes poems written by Denver's youth and asks local artists to create original works inspired by their words. All submitted and accepted pieces will be featured in the Inspired Art Show auction on April 29th, 2010 at the Space Gallery with proceeds going to support America SCORES Denver and Think 360 Arts. This project offers a new way to show the power and impact of the words of Denver students, and brings to life their creativity and imagination.

This piece is based on the poem "How it is to be a Floor" by Billy C.

How It Is To Be A Floor

I’m the floor of a house. Every time someone steps on me I laugh. But the people can’t hear me. Whenever they step on my belly I laugh hard. Sometimes when they step on my eye I get some dirt in it. But I love when they step on my back. When people step on my mouth I want to swallow them but I don’t.

By Billy C.
_____________
The event will be held on April 29, 2010 at the Space Gallery, 765 Santa Fe Drive, Denver.

No comments: