Friday, April 9, 2010

Transformer Cabinet Process











































I have two Transformer Cabinet Mural projects going on right now. I have been chosen, individually, to paint a cabinet by myself at the SE corner of the building at 224 Canyon, Fort Collins, CO. At the same time, I am leading my Girl Scout Troop through a project where they are decorating three cabinets with the fine folks at Elderhaus. This is a great opportunity for these fabulous girls. Not only are they learning about community art, but also teaching art and creating art in a public context. I am really allowing them to own this process. The first step of that process was the initial design meeting with Fort Collins Utilities. It went well and I am so proud of these girls! We chose three different designs for each cabinet. Here are some photos of the meeting. Stay tuned!!

No comments: